As part of our ongoing Daily Regimen series featuring our very own staff, I wanted to walk you through my skin care regimen for maintaining a healthy, natural glow. In this short video, I discuss my favorite products and procedures for skin that ages as gracefully as possible:
The first product favorite that Piper mentions is the ever-increasingly popular injectable, Botox.
We’ve written extensively on Botox before and still stands as a favorite amongst our entire staff.
Here are a few highlights of Botox:
- A non-surgical solution to lines and wrinkles.
- Treats lines in forehead and crow’s feet around eyes with immediate and efficient results.
- Creates as softer, more youthful appearance, results in a natural, fuller skin.
- Easy to administer, minimally invasive, and with only slight bruising for first few days.
Off label uses:
As mentioned by Piper, Botox can be used to rectify some cosmetic issues not usually performed with Botox, but are nonetheless as effective and safe. In Piper’s instance, she uses Botox on her upper lip to lower it a little, reducing the appearance of her gums while smiling.
The second product mentioned is Voluma, an excellent, effective injectable designed to add volume and fullness to the face.
- Highlights: Adds natural volume to cheeks.
- Consists of a hyaluronic acid filler, a naturally-occurring, sugar-based compound the body generates for volume and smoothness to skin.
- Gives better drape to face, increasing appearance of symmetry.
- Softens nasolabial folds (otherwise known as “smile lines”).
- Lasts around two years!
The Obagi System
Piper lists the Obagi System as a “product that just makes my life easy.” Designed as an at home skin brightening product, Obagi is set up into steps that explain when and how to use them, making the entire system effortless to use correctly.
- Easy to use.
- Brightening system, takes dark, discoloration out of your skin.
- Evens pigmentation without needing an appointment or procedure.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
IPL is a photorejuvenation cosmetic procedure that utilizes intense pulses of specific wave types and lengths to treat sun damage and thread veins. It has been proven very effective in rectifying skin discoloration issues and reversing effects of UV rays on the skin.
- Improves texture, pigmentation, and appearance of skin
- Brightens skin
- Can be used on face, neck, chest, other areas
- Effective alternative to ablative laser devices, meaning a less painful procedure.
Lastly, Piper says that something everyone needs as part of their daily regimen is to have a good sunscreen. Everyday life leaves us exposed to the sun, which can take a huge toll on our skin over time. Piper specifically recommends Total Defense and Repair from SkinMedica.
- Good for every day, all day use.
- Tinted version helps even out skin tone.
- Protects from UV rays that cause cancer.
- Protects skin from long-term exposure to damaging UV rays, which change skin pigmentation and create dark spots over time.
. . .
Piper is a native to Natchitoches, Louisiana and joined the team at Weiler Plastic Surgery in the Spring of 2016. She is a certified Physician’s Assistant through the NCCPA. With six years of previous dermatology experience, she enjoys helping patients find that daily routine to help them look their best, as well as the occasional perks that are needed to meet their cosmetic goals. She is qualified to evaluate and treat various cosmetic conditions and she is currently accepting new patients.
Leave a Reply