With career demands, social commitments, and maybe even a few kids to chase around, carving out time for self-care isn’t always easy. That’s one reason injectable treatments are so popular—you can easily fit in your treatment during your lunch break or on the go. No downtime, no fuss.
But how often will you need touch-up treatments? This blog post answers 8 common questions about how long you can expect your dermal fillers to last.
1. How Long Do JUVÉDERM® Products Generally Last?
JUVÉDERM products typically last between 9 to 18 months, depending on the product used and the area treated.
2. How Long Does JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® Last Compared To Other JUVÉDERM Products?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA has exceptional staying power, with results lasting up to 2 years or longer. It’s typically used to contour the cheeks, chin, jawline, and temples, although it usually has a shorter lifespan when used in high-movement areas like the chin.
3. How Long Does Restylane® Last?
Depending on the area treated and the product used, Restylane products typically last between 6 to 18 months.
4. How Long Does Restylane Lyft Last for Cheek Augmentation?
Restylane Lyft can last up to 12 months.
5. How Long Does Restylane Kysse Last for Lip Augmentation?
Restylane Kysse can last between 6 to 12 months, resulting in a fuller, younger-looking pout that lasts. Learn more about lip fillers in our related blog post.
6. What Factors Affect Filler Longevity?
Aside from the product used and the area treated, a few other factors can affect low long results will last:
- Fillers injected in less active areas of the face typically last longer.
- Smoking and excessive sun exposure accelerate the breakdown of fillers.
- Genetics, age, and metabolism all play a role in how soon you’ll need a touch-up.
- Smaller dose injections tend to dissipate faster than larger doses. Treatment zones requiring closely spaced multiple injections may also be more likely to maintain the treatment effects for a longer period.
The skill and technique of your injector can also influence how long your dermal fillers last. An experienced injector can often optimize the filler’s use for longer-lasting results.
7. Is There a Difference in Longevity Between Hyaluronic Acid Fillers and Biostimulators?
Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as JUVÉDERM and Restylane, typically last between 6 to 18 months. In contrast, non-hyaluronic acid fillers (biostimulators), such as Radiesse® and Sculptra®, may last up to 2 years. Each brand and product has its own strengths, weaknesses, and use cases. Your injector will evaluate your needs and goals and recommend the product that suits you best.
8. How Can I Prolong My Results?
Keeping your skin hydrated and avoiding excessive sun exposure can help extend the life of your dermal filler treatment.
Request a Consultation
Life is busy. But with treatments as convenient and effective as dermal fillers, you can maintain a youthful appearance without putting your life on hold.
If you’d like to speak with us about injectable treatments, call our office today at (225) 399-0001 or request a consultation online. Weiler Plastic Surgery is dedicated to turning your aesthetic goals into reality.
Take our quiz to learn more about choosing the best lip filler, under-eye filler, and more.