Here at Weiler Plastic Surgery, we believe wholeheartedly in the products and services we offer our patients. With that being said, we felt it important to share with you the products, procedures, and upkeep our staff uses to maintain a healthy, youthful glow.
Continuing our Daily Regiment series, today we take a quick look at our medical aesthetician Meghan Hemingway’s daily skin regimen:
One of the first things Meghan mentions is that she considers her regimen a “ritual.” Despite switching the products around every 4-6 months depending on the season and weather, she still has a 4-6 step process she’s created for herself, regardless of the product, hence the excellent use of morning and evening rituals to always keep her skin in the best condition possible.
Like our featured regimen from Connie last week, Meghan also borrows markedly from the ZO Skin Health line from Obagi, and for good reason. Notably added in the mix are the Invisipeel chemical peel and Tretinoin cream that we’ll delve into more detail over below.
Starting off in the AM
The first item Meghan mentions is the Foamacleanse Gentle Foaming Cleanser. This product is a light, foaming cleanser designed to remove impurities, such as dirt, oil, and makeup
- Deep cleans pores and leaves the skin feeling refreshed, clean and hydrated.
- Preps and freshens skin for new makeup
- Works perfectly for all skin types, especially soft on sensitive skin.
Also part of the morning ritual are Cebatrol Oil Control Pads, an invigorating acne prevention solution designed to be used with a complementary acne treatment program.
- Removes oil and shine
- Normalizes pore size
- Helps smooth skin’s surface and reduces irritation.
Speaking of acne control, Meghan uses ZO Vita Scrub, a multi-function scrub to control breakouts and promote clear skin.
- Dual action exfoliation
- Targets oil and bacteria
- Increased hydration properties
One of the more interesting products is the Ossential Daily Power Defense, a lightweight lotion designed to help protect and repair all skin types. Interesting because Meghan combines it with Ossential Growth Factor Serum Plus, an also lightweight gel that helps strengthen skin, supports skin repair and protects against future signs of aging. Perfect for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin.
- Provides antioxidant protection to combat free radical damage
- Helps tighten and firm the skin
- Promotes skin health
- Helps support skin’s natural mechanism to repair damage and protect against future skin damage
Growth Factor Serum
- Helps reduce the appearance of expression lines, lines, and wrinkles
- Strengthens weak skin and minimizes irritation
- Restores hydration and reinforces the skin’s protective barrier
- Helps promote healthier, brighter skin
Olluminate Intense Eye Repair Cream is a targeted eye treatment formulated to help repair and prevent signs of aging.
- Contains retinol and peptides
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, crows feet, and other signs of aging.
- Optical light diffusers reflect light to minimize imperfections, such as dark circles under the eyes
- Protects against free radical damage
- Works with all skin types
Finishing the day in the PM
What’s unique about Meghan’s routine is that instead of different products for an evening ritual, she actually uses the same ones from the morning! This approach not only saves you money but makes the idea of a routine even more concrete and simple.
Meghan mentions actually performing the cleanse portion twice, once to remove makeup, and twice to actually clean the skin. This ensures that all debris and leftovers are removed entirely from the face. She goes on to say that tweaking your regimen occasionally is important to changing up your skin’s appearance, giving it that “dewy pop” that everyone is after.
Special use products
Once or twice a week, depending on her skin’s needs, she also will use the Invisipeel Intensive Resurfacing Peel, a unique at-home peel formulated to exfoliate the surface of the epidermis, improving skin texture and tone. This is great for a real solid exfoliation of the skin. “You can never exfoliate too much, it just needs to be in the right way!”
- Helps smooth uneven, rough textured skin
- Revives dull looking skin
- Improves the visible signs of sun damage
- Enhances the benefits of any ZO® Treatment
Lastly, and perhaps very importantly, Meghan speaks of using a Tretinoin cream for extreme exfoliation. She only uses it once or twice a week due to how strongly it reacts with her skin, but it heavily influences cellular turnover, which is necessary for glowing, healthy skin. It is prescription only, however, so it must be prescribed by a physician.
Skin care regimens can change seasonally or even as skin needs change. Whether your skin concerns center on acne, pigmentation, rosacea, effects of aging, or any kind of skin health troubles, ZO has products that can be customized for your own skin health regimen, just like Meghan’s.
For more information or questions regarding ZO, Obagi, or any other skin products and services we provide, please visit our website or call our offices to schedule a personalized consult.
Hammond, La: (985) 902-7770
Baton Rouge, La: (225) 399-0001