There are a number of symptoms and signs that might indicate you are the ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery that go beyond simply wanting smaller breasts. As this is a relatively significant elective form of cosmetic surgery, you will need to work with your cosmetic surgeon to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for breast reduction. Not only does having overly large breasts often present significant physical challenges, they can also create a substantial amount of emotional discomfort and stress.
Common Signs You May Be Right for Breast Reduction
While you might simply think your breasts are too large and having smaller breasts might make you look and feel better, these are only a small portion of what must be taken into consideration when discussing the possibility of breast reduction surgery. Here are several other very important signs that must be taken into consideration.
- Breasts that seem to be out of proportion to the rest of your body.
- Pain in the neck, back, and shoulders caused by the weight of your breasts.
- Grooves in the tops of your shoulders that have been caused by your bra straps.
- The weight of your breasts adversely affecting your posture.
- Breasts that droop due the excess weight causing your nipples and areolas to point downwards.
- Being unable to participate in sports or other physical activities due to the size/weight of your breasts.
- Having breasts that are unequal in size with one being significantly larger.
- Constant rashes and infections in the skin under your breasts.
- Having a hard time sleeping due to discomfort caused by overly large breasts.
- Feeling self-conscious about the size of your breasts in public.
Making the Decision
If you find that you have experienced one or more of the above symptoms, you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. Reducing the size of your breasts will bring you immediate relief from a number of these conditions by adjusting the size of your breasts to more accurately match the proportions of the rest of your body. Not only will a breast reduction alleviate these issues, but it will enhance your overall body shape and help your clothing to fit better.