At Weiler Plastic Surgery, our goal is to offer our patients the latest and greatest products and procedures in the aesthetics industry! The newest dermal filler on the market in the USA is Revanesse Versa.
WHAT IS REVANESSE VERSA?
This FDA approved dermal filler is made of hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in our body, has been very popular in Europe for over 10 years. It is formulated into a sterile “gel” to bring volume to an area where the facial structures are lacking. This is similar to fillers that you may be more familiar with, like Juvederm or Restalyne.
The benefit of this filler is that the particles are made of very small spheres, which allow the body to easily accept and break down over time. Because of this, Revanesse particles break down in the body very gradually, creating an easily molded, durable, and consistent final product.
Revanesse Versa’s formula is designed to be balanced with the skin’s natural water content. This means our treatment is optimized to stay true to your desired volume and placement.
IS REVANESSE VERSA SAFE?
As far as safety is concerned, the Revanesse line of products are free of animal testing and have gone through extensive testing to be proven both safe and effective. Each batch is meticulously tested. Additionally, every single syringe is individually inspected before distribution to ensure safety and effectiveness. Because Revanesse Versa is biodegradable and biocompatible, the body breaks the product down in a very natural manner.
WHY REVANESSE VERSA?
Revanesse Versa is quickly gaining popularity because of the decreased swelling and maintaining the water stability in the area.
HOW LONG DOES REVANESSE VERSA LAST?
Like other hyaluronic fillers around the mouth, Revanesse Versa lasts approximately six months and has been indicated for nasolabial folds.
WHO CAN BE TREATED WITH REVANESSE VERSA?
You should not be treated with Revanesse Versa if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding, as the safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- have a history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
- have evidence of scars at the intended treatment sites
- have acne and / or other inflammatory diseases of the skin, such as rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis,
have allergic history including:
- severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis),
- heightened immune responses to common allergens, especially inhaled allergens and food allergens (atopy),
- allergy to natural rubber latex,
- allergy to hyaluronic acid products,
- Streptococcal proteins or have plans to undergo administration of graded doses of allergens (desensitization therapy) during treatment with Revanesse Versa.
- have acute or chronic skin disease, such as seborrheic dermatitis or rosacea, in or near the injection sites, or any infection or unhealed wound of the face
- are under concomitant anticoagulant therapy, antiplatelet therapy, or have a history of bleeding disorders, clotting disorders such as hemophilia or connective tissue disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus
You should never use Revanesse Versa in conjunction with a laser, intense pulsed light, chemical peeling or dermabrasion treatments, or with Over-the-counter (OTC) wrinkle products or prescription wrinkle treatments within 4 weeks (28 days) prior to treatment, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed before treatment.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Following treatment, a cold compress or ice may be applied for any bruising or swelling at the injection site. You may also gently massage the area with constant pressure for several minutes. The most common side effects include: some bruising, redness, swelling, pain, and itching. These are mild and common side-effects with injectables. Should you have any other side effects, we suggest calling our offices immediately.
“We are excited to be one of the first in South Louisiana to offer Revanesse Versa dermal filler! We chose Revanesse as a part of the esteemed quality of dermal filler options we offer to our patients because the results have been remarkable and we can’t wait for you to try it.”
– Piper Estep, PA-C at Weiler Plastic Surgery
For more information or questions regarding Revanesse, to make an appointment, or inquire about any other services we provide, please visit our website or call our offices to schedule a personalized consult.
Weiler Plastic Surgery
Hammond, La: (985) 902-7770
Baton Rouge, La: (225) 399-0001